Wednesday 16 August 2017

Road to GENCON 50 - part 4

By: Dozer

On Monday I stayed up until 1230 (Tuesday) and left the house for work at 0530. With just 5 hours of sleep I finished off work so I could focus on GENCON. I got home and finished off my Infinity army. I finished off my basses, and varnished what was left from the night before. After an hour of work my Infinity army was ready and painted. I put them on their bases and they looked great. After some last minute packing - boom we were ready to go.


So we traveled ... Shonty, Burns, and I. We left Ottawa and went south passing by Toronto and into Kitchener-Waterloo and Cambridge.
Shonty (Left)  and Burns (Right)
We left home and traveled to Cambridge met up with CPun and stayed over night (4+ hours) with his mother, who is also my aunt. By 0430 we were in the car heading to Sarnia to cross into the United States of America.

L-R: Me, Shonty, Burns
Onto, Yasha, Santi, and Ferrus left a few hours later around 0200 hours cross over into the United States around Watertown, NY.

L-R: Ferrus, Yasha, Santi, and Onto
Molotov and Forgotten left Ottawa a few hours after that around 0630. Molotov established a Facebook messenger thread for all of us to keep in contact during the trip. 

Molotov (Left), Forgotten (Right)
With me driving and keeping in contact with the other two teams, I took advantage of me being the only one awake. I was listening to Nine Inch Nails famous live album And All That Could Have Been


After a long trip we got on ground first and I was set on cleaning up and getting some much needed sleep. A shower and a nap was calling to me to make up for only having 9 hours of sleep in the last two days...

Tomorrow the madness begins! 

No comments:

Post a Comment