Monday 1 May 2017

Introduction: Molotov

Name - 
Donna aka Molotov

Where are you -
Ottawa, Ontario

Who are you - 
I'm a Linux Sys admin, gamer and cosplayer, which I think qualifies me for some form of stereotype, though I'm not sure I want to know which one. When I'm not bouncing around countries for work, I'm usually found doing some form of gaming (video games and/or tabletop games), or I'm out rock climbing or on some kind of random outdoor adventure.

What are you playing on the table - 
Magic the Gathering, Dungeons and Dragons, Pathfinder, 'New' World of Darkness (if I can find a game).

Play style - 
Traditionally either hold off and build, or 100% vanguard rush and stomp, without much in between. I'm trying to branch out though. When I'm playing Magic I've primarily played White/Green type builds, I'm trying to get into more Blue/Red to add a bit more variety. I love board games with a human element to it. Give me a hidden role game, or a cooperative with a traitor element any day. I'm a social creature, so 98% of my video games are multiplayer, otherwise they have to have a damned good story.

Top irk at the table - 
Stomping on new players about rules. Drives. Me. Nuts. One of the top things I know keeps my friends from getting into my hobbies is a toxic attitude in a community.  I try to create a welcoming environment for new gamers, help them find what play style they like to be able to recommend games, but bringing out to an event is always a risk to scaring them off. If they do something incorrectly, be polite about it and don't be a dick.

Current gamer projects - 
A few game related cosplays for this year's conventions, and building a couple of amusing MtG decks.

Last word - 
HFGL

No comments:

Post a Comment